Let’s face it, it’s here, its importance and influence is rising each day and it’s not going to go away.
We are social creatures, we love being heard and we like having our voice. And Social Media is just another platform for voicing our opinions, sharing our life stories, connecting with friends, meeting new friends, ‘selling ourselves’….and all that in just few clicks in a matter of seconds, to the whole world. Wow!
I believe we are already past thinking about Social Media as a fad, not worth getting involved in it because it will go away tomorrow.
We are also past thinking that Social Media is only for celebrities, entertainment industry and big brands. If companies such as Ernst &Young are leveraging from Social Media, there is clearly more to it then chatting, photo sharing and playing games.
Social media is a new marketing tool that is effective, more targeted and cheap; and for that reason small business without big marketing budgets are benefiting even more from it. Anyone can be a marketing success online, no matter how small or big you marketing budget is. In the past, unless you had a massive marketing budget for TV commercials, printing and mailing campaigns, your marketing efforts have been restricted and you could have only reach a small group of people. With Social Media, the world is your oyster!
But you need to learn how to harvest it!
Social Media is not inventing new marketing techniques, the old ones still apply – they are just translated on-line. So whatever you are doing well off-line just needs to be translated on-line; simple as this.
But why even bother if you are doing just fine off-line. Here is 7 points why;
- Social media and mostly Facebook are a ‘new’ word of mouth – and you know that word of mouth is the best marketing tool! Nothing new, just different platform.
- People search for services and goods through social media and they seek opinions from their friends on Facebook.
- People will choose what’s convenient. If they can’t find your business online they will do business with someone else. And that someone else is your competitor J
- More people will visit your Facebook page before they visit your website.
- It’s easier to rank well in Google with your Facebook, You Tube, Twitter & LinkedIn page then your website.
- You can tell your story to masses with one click
- Your competition is doing it, and doing it well!
Well…In have at least 3 more ‘WHYs’:
- Social media is fabulous tool to engage with your clients, get to know them, what they like about your brand and what they dislike, what excites them in life. With this information you can target you market better.
- You can test your new ideas, products and before you even launch them you can get fans behind them.
- You can spy on your competition;
- and the list could go on and on and on….
I guess what I’m really trying to say is that Social Media offers you pinpoint accuracy in targeting your market, communicating with your prospects and building meaningful business relationships in a way that it’s cost effective, easier and faster than anything else – and from a conform of your office desk.
You can no longer afford to ignore Social Media in your marketing plan.
Send us an email, and will get you started…